free hit counters
much loved tf kid shows you enjoy growing up - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 05-24-2015   #1
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

much loved tf kid shows you enjoy growing up

I always loved transformation as a concept growing up and there were a number of shows with heavy tf themes I liked as a kid.

any that spring to you guys minds and inspire you to this day

some of mine enjoyed.

"Woof": it was a British after school show based on a kids book about a Kid named Eric banks who randomly turns into a dog dew to the fact that someone somewhere is really wishing that they had a dog.

what on earth: it was about a shape shifting Alien called "what" who looked human but had backwards green ears that he hide with a deer hunter(Sherlock homes hat). he was on the run from another evil Alien known as Gemador (he had ominous theme music) who wanted to kill him and steal an Item from what known as his "amulet of vitality"(the thing that allowed him to live on our planet.

there's others too but theses really stood out to me.

so about you guys?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2015   #2
Amahain
Process Master

Re: much loved tf kid shows you enjoy growing up

I don't think there were any TF themed shows I liked as a kid. I remember Animorphs but I never really cared for it.

Of course, there were plenty of shows that had TF-centred episodes that I remember clearly.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - April has been turned into a cat, a fish creature, and a wasp over the course of the series. Irma was turned into a mutant rat.

Gargoyles - Fox turned into a werewolf, Elisa was turned into a gargoyle, and a homeless woman was turned into some sort of chimeric creature that was meant to approximate gargoyles (feline features and bat wings).

Aladdin - Jasmine was turned into a rat and a naga. There was also a really cool were-jackal TF featuring a cursed woman.

Batman TAS: Francine Langstrom to werebat; catwoman to a cat woman.

I'm sure most people on this forum know all about these episodes.
Unread 05-25-2015   #3
The_Nameless_One
no title either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amahain View Post
Gargoyles - Fox turned into a werewolf, Elisa was turned into a gargoyle, and a homeless woman was turned into some sort of chimeric creature that was meant to approximate gargoyles (feline features and bat wings).
You don't by any chance know where to see a vid of that homeless woman's transformation? Haven't seen that before I think.
The_Nameless_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2015   #4
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nameless_One View Post
You don't by any chance know where to see a vid of that homeless woman's transformation? Haven't seen that before I think.
The character was named Maggie Reed. In the show you never actually see her transform. You see her pre-transformation, then later she and her fellow Mutates(the name they are given) as seen a few days post transformation, when she's seen again she's basically "cleaned up" but overall physically the same. The character that we actually see change is Matt Maza AKA Talon (all the male mutates took on pseudonyms Maggie didn't) going from human to wolfmanesque feline to anthro panther. The characters weren't heavily featured, Maggie only being featured twice.

Fox's transformation, never clearly defined as what type of canine it was since it was supposed to be her inner animal self one might assume it was huge fox, Was more predominate, we actually got to see it.

Elsa did indeed become a gargoyle, the look was revamped for Delila a genetically altered Gargoyle Clone of villainess Demona's DNA mixed with Elsa's. But in that same episode off screen all of Manhattan was turned into Gargoyles and Demona being "cursed" to transform to a human during the day, a tf that was seen multiple times.

I can't think of any truely "TF themed" shows but it was featured a lot. One I recall.

Recent i re-watched the series Cybersix on Hulu, the episode Full Moon Fascination features a female werewolf. The episode has a bit with her reverting to her human form. The look of the werewolf is very good, one of the few times we see one that clearly has a bust, and oddly is tailess.

The 90's X-men featured a episode with a version of the Brood, depicted more as humanoid reptiles than insects(though the insect brood are featured a s a generic monster). They try to assimilate the X-men, and Rouge is partly transformed before Wolverine's heal factor is used to reverse the assimilation. Also of course the series featured the mutant Mystique, who did morph transitions when she shape shifted. Another episode featured the 90's lineup of X-Factor, including Wolfsbane a female mutant who's powers mimic lycanthropy.

Teh series X-men Evolution also featured Mystique and Wolfbane as well as Rouge suffering minor transformation effects when she drained Sabertooth.

The 2003 Ninja Turtles featured an episode where April is turned into a demon by a cursed ring as well as the Turtles encountering other mutants underground one of whom they found out was a woman when the mutation was cured.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2015   #5
lonewarrior
otaku at large

tmnt was the one that got me into it. lets not also forget the animated x-men series. they had some awesome ones in that show. not to mention the mighty max and monster force.
Unread 05-25-2015   #6
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior View Post
tmnt was the one that got me into it. lets not also forget the animated x-men series. they had some awesome ones in that show. not to mention the mighty max and monster force.
I had never even heard of Monster Force until now, were there some good TFs in that?
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2015   #7
lonewarrior
otaku at large

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I had never even heard of Monster Force until now, were there some good TFs in that?
http://vk.com/video-38633489_171236441
Unread 05-25-2015   #8
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior View Post
So 'no' then.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2015   #9
lonewarrior
otaku at large

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
So 'no' then.
i always feel that a person should look first then pass judgement. after all how often do you see female werewolves in a cartoon?
Unread 05-25-2015   #10
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

We had animorphs over here it was kinda pants, guess the books not much better.

There was also a show over here called the prince of Atlantis, it was about race of sea dwelling creatures trying to defend their home. They come across a drowned human and use magic to bring him back as a half human half orca, he was able to change form just by being in the water.

Theres more. But I want to hear about the shows you enjoyed.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #11
Quantum Heart
froppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
We had animorphs over here it was kinda pants, guess the books not much better.
The books were scads better than the tv show actually. although the tf content was usually focused very strongly on the grotesque and disgusting facets of transforming into animals, so not really something I got off to. Anyway everybody already mentioned most of what I was going to recommend (TMNT, Gargoyles, etc).

...kero

Last edited by Quantum Heart; 09-08-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Quantum Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2017   #12
palindrome64
Lurker

There have been lots of transformations over the years, but the oldest one that really sticks out to me as "transformation" driven is one most of you probably won't recognize. There was a short lived Comic Strip cartoon Tiger Sharks in the US. It's way too "poof" by standards now, but I think it may be the catalyst point for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TigerSharks
https://youtu.be/7vKtlvPINSo

There are others that had single event transformations, such as the Elisa in Gargoyles a few years later that shifted it from interest to fascination but this was the first one that really clicked. (I discount the more tame transformations of He-man and She-ra, not to mention the transformers / gobots.)

Last edited by palindrome64; 09-08-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Fixing bad link.
palindrome64 is offline   Reply With Quote