free hit counters
Sportsmanship (Incomplete) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-12-2011   #1
Eelskin
Frequent Poster

Sportsmanship (Incomplete)

Hello people! I finished this story a while ago, but I realised I hadn't posted it here. I'm including all four chapters in a .doc file at the bottom of this post, which you can download if you don't feel like waiting for me to post the later chapters, but I'll still be updating this story with a new chapter every few days. This story was not completed and I currently have no plans to do so, although anything could happen.

This is a straight-up SW story. There is no sex or cruelty, but plenty of action.

Enjoy!

Sportsmanship

Chapter 1

Liz looked at her opponent, sizing her up. She had seen her record, she knew that she hadn't lost a fight since joining the league fourteen months ago, had studied her fighting style and memorised her favourite techniques, and was as prepared for the match as she possibly could be. Liz was a veteran of the ring, had been fighting here for almost three and a half years, but she still got nervous at the beginning of a fight. Now, as she watched her opponent wave to the crowd and pose for all of her fans' cameras, Liz studied her movements and gestures. Her leg is hurt. She watched more closely to be sure. Yes. She?s covering it well, but she?s avoiding putting much weight on her left leg.
She looked over the crowd and could hear her stage name being chanted. Liz, better known as the Azure Avenger, was almost unrecognisable in the street by day. She wasn?t particularly tall, at 165 cm, and she usually worse loose clothes that hid her body. But here, in the arena, her bright blue skin-tight outfit was in sharp contract to her red hair, done in a long ponytail to avoid it getting in the way during a fight. She had the body of a gymnast, with small but pert breasts and not an extra ounce of fat on her.
As the announcer droned on about the record of each of the contestants, their records and hometowns, weights and heights, nicknames and swordplay schools and favourite colours, Liz tuned her out. She breathed deeply, crouched and stretched again, though she had already gone through her entire stretching routine before she had stepped into the ring. She stomped on the sleek black surface of the circular ring, testing the friction against her foot, and made a mental note of the distance between herself and the edge of the ring. It looked as though stepping off the edge of the elevated platform would result in her falling down 20 metres to the arena floor, but she knew that there was a solidly reinforced, near-invisible plastic enclosing them which didn?t obstruct visibility at all, but had been tested to withstand up to 1,500 ksi of pressure without breaking or bending.
Just hurry it up, she thought.
As if granting her wish, the voice of the announcer boomed over the arena. ?Fighters!? She yelled. ?Take your positions!?
Liz watched as two slightly glowing circles formed in the floor, close to the centre of the ring, one blue and one green, about 2 metres apart. She took her position in the blue circle and removed her holosword from her belt. It was 17 centimetres long, and almost weightless, a thin black cylinder with a rubber grip and indentations specially measured and fitted to her fingers. She tossed it from hand to hand in anticipation.
Her opponent, who went by the stage name Emerald Dragon, was a tall Vietnamese woman with short-cropped black hair. The green fighting uniform she wore exposed her long legs, from mid-thigh down to her bare feet, and her arms were thin, but well-toned and very well-practiced. She held her weapon and took her stance, waiting for the tone to sound. She smirked and winked at Liz when she caught her eye. Liz didn?t respond.

The tone sounded, a large, full sound which resonated throughout the enormous room. Liz held her holosword out in front of her as a translucent blue streak of light emanated from one end in the shape of a blade, 55 centimetres from the pommel to the tip. She eyed her opponent?s weapon, which was of a similar style, but bright green, as was her starting circle. She only had a moment to study it, though, as Emerald charged forward as soon as her weapon materialised in her hand.
Liz had been waiting for this, as it was one of Emerald?s favourite strategies; attack immediately in the hopes that her opponent would be caught unprepared. Emerald swung the blade upward, towards Liz? head, but Liz ducked to the left and dived forward, extending her arm at the same time to catch Emerald?s midsection with the tip of her blade. She couldn?t feel whether or not she had connected, since the holosword passed harmlessly through its target. She heard the tone that announced a successful strike, though, blasting through the speakers, and saw that the lights over the entire room briefly flashed blue, indicating that it was her point. She turned to face her opponent and straightened up, holding her blade in a defensive position. The announcer?s voice came on the PA system again, declaring that the first point had been struck, and the noise level of the crowd grew until Liz couldn?t even hear the speakers.
Emerald, disappointed that her starting attack had missed, was even more surprised that she had been touched. She glanced down at her right flank, where there was a faint blue glow on the spot where she had been struck. The spot pulsed slowly, and she looked back up at Liz, chiding herself for being careless. She noted that Liz now appeared a few centimetres taller, and adjusted her stance accordingly.

Liz moved in slowly, stepping lightly. She went on the offensive, now, thrusting her holoblade toward Emerald?s chest, only for Emerald to bat it away, up and to the right. Emerald was quick, and quickly shifted her momentum to swing at Liz? face, but Liz ducked backwards and swung her blade around to swing through Emerald?s legs. The blade again passed harmlessly through her flesh, but blue marks appeared over the woman?s thighs and the room flashed blue twice more in rapid succession. She stumbled backward as her height decreased again, far more than she would have liked. Looking at her opponent, she estimated that she would come up now only to Liz? chin, when at the beginning of the fight, no more than 30 seconds before, she had actually been taller than Liz by 14 cm.
The crowd cheered again, and Emerald swore under her breath. She re-adjusted her stance to accommodate for her larger-seeming opponent and longer blade. This was part of the rules: as fighters shrank, their blades stayed at the same length so as not to give them a disadvantage. Indeed, since the blades were completely weightless and smaller fighters were quicker and harder to hit, they actually had an advantage. Liz knew this, though, and shifted her fighting style to compensate. Emerald moved in cautiously and thrust her holoblade towards Liz? arm, and Liz moved her own sword in position to parry. It was a feint, though, and Emerald quickly brought her weapon downwards to strike at Liz? unprotected feet. Liz jumped over the extended blade and took advantage of the fact that her opponent had left herself unprotected to thrust her weapon directly into the top of her head.
Emerald?s entire field of vision went blue, and she backed up, bringing up her weapon to defend blindly against whatever Liz may be doing. When her vision cleared, though, she gasped. Liz wasn?t pressing the attack, standing and waiting for Emerald to return. The pass through her head, though, had cost her dearly, and she saw that she now only as tall as Liz? waist. She gasped. She had never lost so much height from a single attack, and she began to consider the ugly possibility that she might not win this fight. The audience roared, and a chant of ?Azure! Azure!? began to be audible.

Emerald lifted her blade, which now seemed to extend almost a metre in front of her, and charged ahead, deciding to take advantage of her now increased speed and manoeuvrability. As she approached, she feinted right and dodged left as Liz brought her blade down where she thought Emerald was going to be. Emerald had already run halfway around Liz, though, and Liz swung her blade in an arc behind her to try and attack her tiny foe. Emerald ducked underneath the wild swing and stabbed forward, intending to place her blade directly into Liz? back.
Liz, however, kicked out behind her with her left foot, connecting solidly with Emerald?s left knee. Emerald yelled in pain and dropped to her right knee, moving backwards, but in a flash, Liz was turned around and took advantage of her opponent?s distraction, slicing through her midsection.
The entire room turned blue, and the lights were held, except for a white spotlight centered on the two fighters.
?Ladies and gentlemen!? the announcer?s voice boomed over the audience. ?The Azure Avenger has just beaten the Emerald Dragon, reducing her to a third of her former size, without suffering a single blow! Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, I haven?t seen anything like this in all my years of announcing! This is truly?? Liz tuned our her voice again. She replaced her weapon, the blade of which had dissipated, back into the holder on her belt and looked down at her feet. The Emerald Dragon was still on one knee, staring at her switched-off holosword in disbelief. She slowly looked up at Liz, still not quite comprehending that she had lost the match so quickly and so brutally. Liz smiled down at the tiny woman, who now only reached her knee, and turned to her crowd of supporters. The sound of their applause and cheering washed over her, and she closed her eyes and extended her arms in appreciation.

This tournament is off to a good start, she thought.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sportsmanship.doc (90.0 KB, 26 views)

Amazon Hotel (GTS, PG)
Sportsmanship (SW, PG)
City Nymph (SW, GTS, SM, 18+)
The Contest (SM, SW, 18+)
The Object of my Desire (GTS, 18+)
The Party (various transformations, 18+)
Gemma (SW, 18+)
Eelskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011   #2
Eelskin
Frequent Poster

Re: Sportsmanship (story) (SW, PG)

Chapter 2

Liz was backstage, meditating. She wasn't scheduled to have another fight for another two hours, so she took the time to refocus and concentrate on her body. She flexed every part of her, checking for any sore spots or pulled muscles. She found none. She sat cross-legged on the floor of her room and emptied her mind.

Rather, she tried to empty her mind, but couldn't, because of the noise that was being made directly outside of her door. She frowned, stood up, and went to open the door.

As she looked down the hall, she saw three men in suits walking away from her, surrounding a very angry, 60 cm tall Emerald Dragon. She was speaking in Vietnamese and shouting at everyone around her, though Liz couldn't understand any of it. She was walking almost a quickly as she was talking, and with her increased speed from having been reduced, she was outpacing the full-size men slightly. One of the men was responding to her in Vietnamese, and though Liz couldn't understand any of the words, from his tone she could tell that he was apologizing profusely. He?s probably her agent, the poor guy. She decided to follow her.

As Emerald Dragon reached the medical lab, where several technicians were waiting for her, one of the suits noticed Liz. He addressed Emerald and she whirled around to face Liz. All of her advisors took a step away from her. Her eyes narrowed. "What do you want?" She asked.
"I... just wanted to make sure there are no hard feelings."
"No hard feelings?" Emerald turned around and stepped through an opening into a tall plastic cylinder. She barked an order in Vietnamese at one of her aides, who motioned to one of the technicians. The opening closed behind her, and she turned back to face Liz. "I've just been humiliated." As she spoke, the interior of the chamber started to glow a faint pink, and she slowly began to grow back to her original size. "My fans come to see me fight, and they expect to see me win. I haven't been beaten in almost two years, and not once since I joined the league! And now, the first time I'm allowed to enter the world tournament, my very first match and I don't even land one blow! And you want there to be no hard feelings?" At this point she was almost back to her full size, and Liz could see her eye was twitching slightly from the stress she was under. As she slowly gained her last remaining centimetres, she pointed at Liz. "Well, this isn't over. I can still compete. First-round eliminations have a chance to re-enter the ranks, and I intend to re-enter." The glow faded, and she stepped back out of the booth. She walked right up to Liz and looked down at her from her regained height advantage. "You haven't gotten rid of me yet." She smirked. After a moment, she turned to her aide and yelled something in Vietnamese again, and the four of them walked past Liz into the corridor. One of them gave her an apologetic glance as he walked away. Liz turned back to the technicians.
"Do you need anything, ma'am?"
"No, thank you." She walked back to her room to try to regain her composure.

Her next match was against the Yellow Jacket. Where do they keep getting these names? She thought to herself. Not that mine is any better. Why can?t we just use our real names? This stage persona garbage is ridiculous. She paced back and forth along her end of the ring. Looking out over the crowd, she tried not to think about how many people were watching at this time. She knew that the arena was capable of holding 67,000 people, and this looked to be a sold-out crowd. Not to mention the fact that the matches were being broadcast live all over the world; an estimated 926,000,000 viewers were watching this event from home or from sports bars. She shook her head and concentrated on the match at hand.
Yellow Jacket?s costume wasn?t actually a jacket, but it was yellow. She leapt onto the vertical plastic barrier, bouncing back off with her feet, flipping backwards in mid-air and landing perfectly upright with bent knees. Her fans cheered, and she raised her hands in appreciation. She didn?t seem to notice that Liz was standing there. The announcer stated that she was 164 centimetres tall, almost the same as Liz.
?The rules of the match are as follows!? Boomed the voice of the announcer. ?Fighters will have, in addition to their standard holoswords, five throwing darts!? Liz nodded. She was well-practiced with all of the tools, as were all of the other contestants. There were no surprises in these matches. ?All other standard rules apply!?
All of this preparation for a ninety-second fight. Liz picked up one of the small black marbles tucked into her belt. This is what would become a dart once the match began, but as the holograms were weightless, throwing them would be exactly the same as before. She paced back and forth and waited patiently until the announcer told them to take their positions.

Liz stood in her blue circle, and Yellow Jacket in hers. When the tone sounded, both lifted their swords in their right hands and felt their belts with their left. Yellow Jacket didn?t attack right away; she danced back and forth, jabbing intermittently, gauging Liz? reaction time and hand movements. She?s much better than Emerald Dragon. I need to be caref- as the thought flickered across her mind, Yellow Jacket attacked with surprising speed and agility. Her sword flashed across Liz? face, and she barely got her own sword up in time to parry it, but no sooner had she done that than her opponent took a step in and the amber blade in front of her darted in to stab at her belly. Liz brought her holoblade downward, pushing it away, but Yellow Jacket was now right next to her, and kicked at her right knee. Liz stmbled away in pain and surprise, and while she was concentrating on distancing herself from her opponent and not falling down, Yellow Jacket loosed from her left hand one of her darts. Liz rolled to the right to avoid the streak of light that sped toward her, but not fast enough; the entire room briefly flashed yellow and the tone sounded, emanating from the speakers. As she stood up, she saw that Yellow Jacket was now looking down on her slightly and grinning.
She looked at her left shoulder and saw a pale, pulsing yellow glowing spot. Crap.

The audience?s reaction was mixed; cheers from Yellow Jacket?s supporters clashed with boos from Azure Avenger?s fanbase, but Liz wasn?t even listening. Liz backed up slowly, watching her opponent for opportunities to attack. Yellow Jacket advanced steadily but cautiously, already picking another marble from her belt. When she attacked this time, Liz was expecting it, and parried her attacks away from her, not allowing Yellow Jacket to get in a position to hit her again. Suddenly, she overextended her arm slightly on a swing towards Liz? head, and Liz saw an opening in her defences! She moved in, aiming her holoblade for the vulnerable spot, but gasped as Yellow Jacket moved into the attack instead of away, as she had been expecting. Suddenly, they were right next to each other again, and Yellow Jacket shoulder-checked Liz backwards with all of her weight. Liz, having lost a few centimetres, was now lighter and she stumbled backwards. She struggled not to fall, and extended an arm to help her keep her balance, and accidentally touched the clear barrier. She looked up in horror. Oh no! I misjudged the distance to the edge of the ring! A ripple of amber passed around the barrier from the point where she had touched it with her hand, and she felt herself shrink again. She looked up at her foe and saw that she now only reached Yellow Jacket?s shoulders.

This is not going well. She was finding it harder to ignore the reactions of the audience now, as she dodged Yellow Jacket?s attacks. She maintained her defensive stance, striking only in counter-attacks, when she suddenly realised something. She?s slow! I?m small enough now that I?m faster than she is. I just need to use my speed to my advantage!
Indeed, Yellow Jacket?s attacks seemed to be easier to avoid now than they had been at the beginning of the fight. Liz watched her carefully, looked for patterns in her attacks that she could exploit. So long as she was sped up, she could keep up this defensive fighting for a while. That wasn?t necessary, though, as Yellow Jacket began to get impatient. The fans were getting restless, and Yellow Jacket seemed to get upset from that. She redoubled her efforts to attack Liz, attacking quickly and more carelessly. She chopped downward from the right, and Liz ducked under the swing. With her increased speed, she knew that Yellow Jacket wouldn?t have enough time to properly bring her weapon back to a defensive position, so she stabbed forward, pushing her holoblade directly into her foe?s stomach, then rolled forward and to the right, scoring another hit on her arm as she dove. As she was distancing herself, she threw a dart behind her blindly to keep her opponent from pursuing her until she had a chance to right herself. The dart didn?t hit, but the lights in the arena glared a brilliant blue and then, immediately after, another, fainter pulse. The tone sounded twice in succession, and Liz looked back to find her opponent. She had dodged the dart without much trouble, but Liz had scored one major strike on her and a follow up, which was enough to shrink her until the top of her head was level with Liz? chin.

Liz watched her blade as it shrank slightly, according itself to the size of the biggest fighter. Yellow Jacket, clearly displeased with this turn of events, charged in, now, in turn, faster than Liz. As she approached, she threw a dart, aiming slightly towards the right, then stepped to the left to attack. Liz parried her attack but stepped backwards to attack, moving directly into the path of the dart. She saw the bright yellow glow of the stadium lights, and tried her best to maintain her attack as she felt herself shrink. Her foe hadn?t expected this counter attack, and wasn?t able to block it in time; the holoblade passed through her shoulder, causing her to drop significantly, until she was no taller than Liz? breasts.
The lights flashed yellow and blue in rapid succession, and the tone twice more sounded out over the crowd. Disoriented and starting to lose her breath, Yellow Jacket backed up. She checked behind her to gauge the distance to the edge of the ring, but when she turned back, saw a streak of blue light directly in front of her. She felt the tiny marble strike her in the forehead, but when the lights turned blue, they stayed blue. She raised her weapon, and noticed that her blade had blinked out. She realised that Liz had aimed her shot perfectly, and brought her down until she was level with her hips. With Liz? reduced stature, however, that meant that Yellow Jacket was at a third of her former size. The match was over. Azure Avenger was going to move on to the next bracket.

Amazon Hotel (GTS, PG)
Sportsmanship (SW, PG)
Gemma (SW, 18+)
Unread 01-18-2011   #3
Eelskin
Frequent Poster

Sportsmanship, part 3

?Ladies and gentlemen, the first readmission round is about to begin!? The announcer?s voice echoed around the arena, bouncing over every surface and resounding several times before fading. The audience cheered, but somewhat half-heartedly. Few people considered this more than an interruption in the actual events. From a corner of the arena, a faint chanting of ?Yellow Jacket? could be faintly heard but faded quickly.
The Emerald Dragon, whose real name was Phan Thi Mai, fingered her holosword in her belt and scanned the other contestants in the ring. There were seven others, each dressed in her costume and eyeing each other contestant nervously. They stood in a large circle, facing inward, with several metres of space between each two fighters. She tried to recognise the names of each one of them. Hell?s Fury? She?s well known. She must have faced someone good to have been eliminated so early on in the tournament. Yellow Jacket as well. That, there, that?s? ah? Huntress, I think.
Her thought was interrupted very sharply when she heard the name ?Silver Shadow? boom over the speakers. She looked at the other fighters and they all had their mouths open in surprise. Then I haven?t misheard. We have to get past Silver Shadow.
As she realised this, a circular area in the centre of the ring opened, and a platform raised up from underneath, and on it was the Silver Shadow herself. The winner of the championship in 2243, fifteen years prior, Silver Shadow rarely fought anymore. She acted as judge to the competition and was said to keep in practice, but wasn?t an active participant in the league anymore.
Figures she?d pick my round to re-join us in combat, Mai thought to herself. Silver Shadow was tall at 177 cm, almost as tall as Mai. Dressed in a glittering cape and a tasteful, immaculate and shining outfit, she waved to the crowd, who immediately erupted in joy and excitement at the prospect of seeing a retired fighter return to the ring briefly for an exhibition.

After a moment, she stood in the centre of the ring again, and each fighters? circle began glowing to invite them to step in. Once everyone had taken their positions, the entire ring began to glow with a very soft white light, and Mai felt the slow, familiar feeling of shrinking. Why do I even bother to get re-sized?? she wondered. She looked around at her and saw all of the other contestants fidgeting uncomfortably as they were reduced in height as well. Everyone except Silver Shadow. She watched all of her opponents shrink with a sly grin on her face, anticipating the fight that was about to occur.
Mai watched her in fascination. Her rate of shrinking seemed to grow gradually slower, and the light finally faded when she was only as tall as Silver Shadow?s mid-thigh. Some of the other contestants, not being as naturally tall, only reached her knee. She knew that in these matches, special rules apply; the match was over when the league-appointed fighter was eliminated; any contestants still active were then re-admitted into the tournament. Because it was effectively an eight-on-one fight, the common enemy had an advantage; all of the contestants began the fight at one-third of their former size, and fighters were only eliminated once they reached one-sixth. It would take no more than one, maybe two successful hits to eliminate someone in that case.
Mai bounced on the balls of her feet. Come on, come on, come on? the voice of the announcer seemed to be dragging slowly, and it had deepened until it sounded almost like a low man?s voice. Silver Shadow seemed to move in slow-motion, turning to survey all of the shrunken women surrounding her in turn, inactive weapons held at the ready.
And when the tone sounded, the eight shrunken women sprung into action.

Someone threw a pale blue dart, and four charged her outright, three facing her and one behind. Silver Shadow spun around, dodging the dart which missed her ear by less than a centimetre, then threw one of her own darts at The Crimson Sting, coming from behind, who, even with her increased speed, couldn?t dodge it entirely. The silvery glowing blade snipped her shoulder and caused her to drop in height by several precious centimetres. The arena lights flashed white, indicating that she had scored a hit before the match had been on for more than two seconds. Sting looked up and saw that Silver Shadow hadn?t even bothered to see if her attack had hit; she had already stepped toward the three attacking her head-on and was engaged in melee. The lights above flashed white, green, white, white, orange, purple, and a bright white again as the four women traded blows. When they separated, Silver Shadow was glowing several colours around her thighs and had lost almost 25 cm, though she still towered over everyone else. She had managed to score a hit on Violet Killer?s head, dropping her height immediately to less than 30 cm and switching off her holosword. She ran to her starting circle, narrowly avoiding being stepped on by the seven larger people fighting around her, and pressed a small button on the floor. Her circle opened up, and she slipped underneath. The circle closed behind her.

Hell?s Fury was now below Silver Shadow?s knee, and backed away for a moment while she recomposed herself after the exchange. Huntress, who hadn?t been touched, leapt as Silver Shadow turned to watch for new incoming opponents, and grabbed the edge of her cape. As the cape whirled, she climbed it quickly, scrambling to be able to reach Silver Shadow?s head. Silver Shadow turned to shake her off, as several more opponents rushed in to replace those who had just fought, but Huntress held on tight. With one free hand, she pointed her holoblade directly in the back of the woman whose back she was riding on, and felt a measure of satisfaction as the lights flashed her colour of dark green and she dropped slightly as the woman she was hanging onto reduced. Silver Shadow raised her arm above her head and passed the blade behind her blindly, but managed to strike Huntress on her back. This was too much for Huntress to manage, and she let go, flying toward the rim of the arena. She struck the barrier, which briefly turned white, and she felt herself reduce again; when she got up, she realised that her holoblade had winked out, and she had lost the fight.

Mai ran by Hell?s Fury as she joined the fray. She comes only up to my waist! she thought as she passed her. I don?t know her natural height, but if she gets grazed even once more, she?s going to be out. Mai removed a marble from her pouch and watched the hologram take the shape of a blade as she held it. She made eye contact with Lady Arcane and Yellow Jacket, who each did the same, and the three of them loosed their shots at the same time. Silver Shadow saw them coming, but was unable to dodge all of them; Lady Arcane struck her in her backside and Mai hit her chest, while Yellow Jacket?s was avoided. The lights pulsed light blue and light green, and Silver Shadow dropped in height again, by another 18 cm.
Mai continued to charge in, swinging her holoblade high to strike at Silver Shadow?s midsection while Silver Shadow was focusing her attention on Dragonfly and Crimson Sting, in front of her. The lights flashed green, white, dark blue and red as the tiny fighters overwhelmed Silver Shadow?s defences. She managed to hit Crimson Sting only once in retaliation, on her hand. Silver Shadow dived to the left to avoid being flanked, and came up right in front of Yellow Jacket. Yellow Jacket tried to back away, but Silver Shadow quickly moved her holosword directly through her, from her left hip to her right shoulder. The lights glared white, and half of Yellow Jacket?s height was cut away in a single stroke. She fell to the ground in dizziness, and when she looked up, saw that her blade had disappeared.

Silver Shadow was just over a metre high at this point, at 105 centimetres, having taken hits from almost every one of her opponents. Dragonfly, Lady Arcane and Mai were the only three fighters who hadn?t been touched; Dragonfly was 54 centimetes, Lady Arcane was 55 and Mai maintained her position of second-tallest fighter with 60 cm. Crimson Sting had been hit twice lightly and had dropped to 42 cm, and Hell?s Fury was almost eliminated, at 31 cm. The arena?s computers calculated the height of each fighter and displayed it in the announcer?s booth less than a second after a change, so she was able to keep the crowd fully aware of the condition of each fighter at all times.
Mai and Hell?s Fury pursued the attack, coming up behind Silver Shadow, who had now been reduced to less than two-thirds of her starting height. Dragonfly and Crimson Sting move to her sides to flank her, while Lady Arcane stepped slowly away, throwing another dart. Silver Shadow, not facing any other attacks, dodged the dart and threw one in retaliation, catching Lady Arcane on the hip. Mai suddenly had an idea.
?Hey!? she called.
Hell?s Fury turned. ?What? This better be important!?
?How?d you like to be able to reach her head??

As Dragonfly and Crimson Sting advanced from opposite sides and Yellow Jacket disappeared into her hole, Mai explained her idea. Silver Shadow couldn?t hear, as she now had her full attention occupied by the two approaching women who seemed to look bigger at every moment. Crimson Sting, who was fast even at full size, came in first to jab at Silver Shadow?s thighs. She kept her eyes on Dragonfly, however, who had waited the extra second so as to get a surprise attack. She moved in and stabbed at Silver Shadow?s rear end, but Crimson Sting let loose a flurry of slashes at that moment, and Silver Shadow spun to avoid them. The lights flashed red twice, as two hits landed, but while she was spinning, she extended her arm to bring her blade through Dragonfly?s right shoulder. She faced Crimson Sting again, carrying the momentum from her spin, and brought her sword down for a low pass. She hadn?t adjusted for her most recent drop in height, though, and she swung too low. Crimson Sting easily jumped over the blade and slashed at her arm, lighting the room red for a third time. A blur of orange flew directly at Silver Shadow, and she ducked her head to avoid the dart?
?except it wasn?t a dart. Mai had taken advantage of the reduced weight of Hell?s Fury and had actually thrown her in the air, aimed directly at their common foe. She didn?t crash into Silver Shadow, but she swung her holosword as she passed by, and managed to strike her on the forehead, causing the room to glow orange brightly for a moment. Silver Shadow almost fell, as she shank rapidly from the combined efforts of everyone around her. She struck Dragonfly on the shoulder, and advanced upon her, bearing down on her and trying to escape from everyone else at the same time.
One-on-one, they were no match for her, and she advanced rapidly, pressing against Dragonfly?s defences with ease. Dragonfly parried and blocked as best as she could, and Silver Shadow was wearing her down, but her other opponents were bearing down on her from behind. Finally, she brought her weapon in from the right, forcing Dragonfly to parry, when Silver Shadow reached down to her shoulder. She was still almost twice as big as Dragonfly was, and she grabbed her right shoulder with her left hand and used her greater strength to swing her around while moving to occupy her space. She switched their positions just in time for Dragonfly to take a thrown dagger in the back from Mai. She looked up with horror as she shrank in front of her opponent and her holoblade winked out.

Mai charged forward, ahead of her two allies. Silver Shadow noticed and fired a dart directly at her face, just as another, light blue, dart was fired at Silver Shadow?s back. Both darts found their mark; Mai moved her head out of the way, but it clipped her ear, and as the arena flashed white, she could feel her body shrinking slightly. Silver Shadow felt the dart strike her back and saw her own perspective change. She turned to find its source, and saw Lady Arcane standing some distance away. Silver Shadow turned and charged her, the one fighter who was isolated from everyone else. Lady Arcane was intimidated at the prospect of this relatively enormous woman bearing down upon her, and backed up quickly, not realising how close she was to the border. Her back touched the barrier, and with an expression of shock on her face, watched as this advancing woman became even bigger. She pulled herself away from the wall too late, and Silver Shadow was upon her, swinging her holoblade through her hips and shrinking her well past one-sixth of her original size.

At this point, the three remaining fighters caught up with her, and surrounded her. For a moment, nobody attacked; nobody even moved. Each of the three fighters eyed each of the others; Silver Shadow was still by far the tallest, at 68 cm, but Mai was still close to her height at the beginning of the fight, at 54 cm, down from 60. Crimson Sting was at slightly more than a quarter of her natural height, at 42 cm, and Hell?s Fury was just a graze away from being dropped, at 31 cm.
Silver Shadow decided to go for the target easiest to eliminate. She swung downwards at Hell?s Fury, but with the advantage of her speed, she ducked underneath Silver Shadow?s legs and struck her calf as she passed. Silver Shadow stepped into her space to avoid being surrounded once again, but as she did, Crimson Sting made two quick passes. Silver Shadow parried the first, but the second slipped though and struck her in the chest. As she shrank, she looked in horror to see that she was now the same height- no, slightly shorter than Mai! As the announcers relayed this information to the thousands of spectators, they roared in approval and Emerald Dragon heard her name being chanted by 60,000 people. Silver Shadow looked at her face in shock, and Mai smiled back.
Silver Shadow charged forward, her blade moving almost too fast to follow, and Mai began to consider that maybe making her angry wasn?t a great strategy after all. As she desperately tried to parry the attacks coming her way, she saw the room light up and felt herself shrink once, twice? and suddenly she was staring straight ahead into her opponent?s belly. Silver Shadow turned to parry an attack behind her, which Mai couldn?t see because her enormous foe?s body was blocking her view, but saw the room around her glow red and orange as her allies moved their holoblades through Silver Shadow?s body, and watched her shrink until Mai now came up to her chin. Silver Shadow turned to strike at Mai once again, to finish her off, but Mai was already bringing her sword up into her foe?s belly.

The room flashed a brilliant green, and then rotated between orange, red and green. Silver Shadow was no longer moving, and looking up into Mai?s smiling face, now reaching only her breasts when she was standing upright. The announcer blared out to the crowd that she had been reduced to a height of 22 cm, and the killing blow had been struck from a 34 cm-tall Emerald Dragon. Hell?s Fury, at 31 cm, and Crimson Sting, at 42, would also be rejoining the competition after growing back.
Silver Shadow yelled something to Mai, but the noise of the crowd was almost deafening. Mai reached down and Silver Shadow cupped her hands around her mouth to yell in her ear.
?Congratulations! Really great job! Good luck, back in the tournament!?
Mai looked back down at her to see her smiling brilliantly and giving her a small thumbs-up. She then turned back to the crowd and bowed deeply, and the announcer announced the departure of the special guest opponent for this match.
Mai didn?t notice any of it. I'm re-joining the competition. I'll be able to fight Azure Avenger again.

I can't wait.

Amazon Hotel (GTS, PG)
Sportsmanship (SW, PG)
Gemma (SW, 18+)
Unread 01-21-2011   #4
Eelskin
Frequent Poster

Chapter 4

Liz stood facing her teammates in the small room. It was the next day, and she had meditated, regained her missing centimetres in the lab, and rested.
There were three of them, and she knew that there was one other team of three, as well. I hate these exhibition games, Liz thought to herself. Why do they make us compete in teams? And without our swords? Standing to her left was Panther, at a slightly shorter 162 cm, and to her right was Crimson Sting, at 169, who had actually been knocked out of the tournament in the first round, but had been able to rejoin through the re-admission round. Not that it mattered for the moment; the exhibition game wouldn?t make any difference in the tournament. Team games were never consequential, since losing due to your partner?s mistakes was considered extremely unfair. This was especially true since contestants have no say in the choice of their partner.
They appeared to be in a small, dimly lit room with dark blue walls and lights pointing up at the ceiling. There were no doors at the moment, as the match hadn?t yet started. Panther looked up in the corner of the room, and spotted a small reflective, opaque hemisphere hanging from the ceiling. She waved and blew a kiss to the hidden camera and the three of them could hear the crowd outside cheering in response, muffled by the walls between them.
Liz knew the rules of this type of match. There was no way to be eliminated. This wasn?t a fight, it really was a game of capture-the-flag. Rather than use swords, they were each equipped with a pistol that fired a laser which would cause the target to shrink. And if anyone got too small, or if her pistol ran out of energy, all she had to do was make her way back to the base, and step back into her starting circle. Upon doing that, the contestant would grow back to her starting size- but slowly. The first team to bring their opponents? flag back to their own starting circle would be declared the winning team.

?Contestants, take your starting circles!? The announcer?s voice boomed over the loudspeakers. The three of them gazed at the floor until they saw three brightly coloured circles begin to glow. Liz held her pistol in her right hand and looked at it with disdain. So clumsy?
And as each of the three stars stepped on their circles, the lights shut off abruptly. Liz could hear the matter re-configurers, the same machines which controlled the size of the fighters, working to create their playing field, which was more likely to be a maze than a field. The lights stayed off for almost half a minute, and after the agonizing waiting period, the start tone sounded throughout the arena and echoed off the walls and down the tunnels of the maze. At the same time, the lights switched back on and everyone could see again. There were now two open doorways, both leading in the same direction, reaching all the way up to the 250-cm ceiling. There were several holes near the floor as well, but reaching no more than 20 cm off the ground.
The two brightly coloured circles of the contestants glowed on the floor just as brightly as before, and now, in the centre of the room, was a large white flag on a metal pole. Liz walked over to it and picked it up; it wasn?t a hologram. It was a real, physical flag, and it had weight- she estimated the metal pole weighed at least 5 kg. It would be extremely difficult to carry if they got too small.
?So who?ll stay?? She asked her teammates. They looked at each other. ?Come on now, quickly. Two of us should go and find the way to their base, and one of us should stay and defend our flag.?
Crimson Sting spoke up. ?I?ll stay.?
?Right.? She nodded to Panther, who stepped out of one of the two doors, and Liz ran out of the other. Immediately she was confronted by two forking tunnels. She chose the right-hand tunnel and ran on.
It was difficult to navigate the tunnels, and Liz was surprised by how far she had travelled without finding another contestant, or without running into the barrier. The platform isn?t this big? we must not be at our full sizes even now. She was broken out of her concentration by the lights briefly flashing gold, and then purple twice, and the audience cheering in response to the altercation that had just taken place. She paused and watched for more flashes, but none came. Purple is Panther? just so long as Crimson Sting isn?t engaging anyone, I can keep going. She continued on, passing through several rooms and reaching several dead ends.

She eventually walked into a large room, the size of a small gymnasium, with a ceiling of at least six metres. She could see a doorway on the opposite end, and above her, on the broad sides of the room were too doors, elevated by three metres, and a suspension bridge connecting them. Along the floor were huge crates placed seemingly at random, though Liz knew that the arena had been designed meticulously to allow opportunity for cover and hiding spots. Walking slowly towards her, across the bridge, was a woman she recognised as Hell?s Fury, trying to move silently but perfectly visible. Liz smiled, and ducked behind one of the crates, gripping her pistol in both hands. She counted out six seconds in her head, and looked out again, and sure enough, Hell?s Fury had walked far enough that Liz was now just out of her field of vision.
Liz rested her arms against the top of the crate and let off several quick shots. The gun was not silent, and the sound of an energy discharge resonated through the room. The first shot was too high, going over Hell?s Fury?s shoulder, but the second and fourth both found their mark. The lights turned the room blue, and Liz could hear her fans supporting her loudly as she ducked below the crate again. Hell?s Fury ducked down and loosed several wild shots, not knowing where her opponent was firing from, but looked at the blue glow on the wall in front of her and traced heir path backwards, looking over her right shoulder. She let off a shot, and Liz flinched as she heard her opponent?s beam strike the top of the crate where she was hiding. She cursed herself as she realised that, even crouching, there wasn?t enough cover to shield her completely. She sprinted from her hiding spot and fired several shots toward the bridge as she ran towards a spot with better cover. She was surprised to see the lights flash blue again, and as she passed under the bridge, started running in a zig-zag pattern to make it harder for her enemy. Hell?s Fury leaned against the rail of the bridge, and hesitated for a moment as she realised that it now reached the top of her breasts, instead of her stomach, as it had a moment ago. She held her gun under the rail and released a rapid volley of shots at Liz? back, missing with several attempts but striking her just as many times.
Liz cursed under her breath as she saw the lights glow orange brightly once, twice- three times! She watched the crate ahead of her seem to grow bigger and stretch farther away, and she put forth another burst of speed to try and reach it. She heard another few shots strike the ground around her feet, and almost tripped as she felt herself dwindle yet again and the lights glowed to confirm Hell?s Fury?s fourth hit. She finally reached the cover and dove behind it, as several more orange lasers chased her. Liz cursed. Quickly comparing herself to the crate, she estimated that she?d lost over a quarter of her height in that single encounter! She caught her breath, listening for sounds of her foe behind her, but heard nothing. After half a minute or so, she glanced out from behind the cover to find her, but saw no one. Hell?s Fury had continued on her way across the bridge and was long gone.

As Liz continued to make her way through the maze, she tried to concentrate on memorising the layout of the hallways and keeping herself oriented, but it wasn?t easy. Most of the hallways all looked the same, and her concentration was broken several times by the lights flashing, announcing that her teammates were engaging her opponents elsewhere. Two orange and five red? we?re still coming out ahead.
She eventually came to a stretch of corridor where the floor was emitting a slow, white pulsing glow. There were several tiles on the ground that were the same dull grey as the walls, and Liz knew that they were the only safe points where she could step. At my reduced size, though, this?ll be tricky. I?ll actually have to leap from one to the other. She heard a faint whirring sound and saw embedded in the walls, at the level of her stomach, were three motion-sensing lasers moving aimlessly back and forth. Crap. Can I get around this area through another path? She turned around and tried to work her way back, but quickly realised she was already disoriented and would have to go through on he current route.
Liz turned back and paused at the entrance to the room, gauging the distance from each step to the next. She took a deep breath and charged forward, hopping onto the first platform. Immediately, the guns in the walls began to focus their sights on her. She heard a click and ducked down against the step as quickly as she could, and the lasers passed over her, striking the walls on either side of her. Good job? but I need to keep moving. She nimbly leapt to the next step, spinning as one of the lasers fired and barely getting her arm out of the way in time. On to the third tile, and the fourth, and fifth, dancing with each step forward? I don?t know how long I can keep this up, she thought as she bent over backwards to avoid a laser passing directly in front of her face.
When she was three-quarters of the way through the room, with three platforms in front of her, she leapt forward, timing her jump to avoid the automated shots, but just as her foot was about to leave the platform, she suddenly heard a laser firing out of sync with the others, surprising her. The lights flashed gold and she felt herself shrink slightly smaller, in mid-air, and the next platform seemed to get farther away.
?No!? she yelled, as she came down to the ground, landing just short of the platform, her foot touching down on the glowing white portion of the floor. She felt with horror as the room got bigger, but knew she had to keep moving to minimise the damage. She stepped onto the next platform, and ran as fast as she could, leaping from step to step. No longer able to afford being careful, she cursed silently as the lights pulsed white and gold again, as she was struck once by the automated guns and once by her opponent, behind her. She dwindled again in mid-air as she was leaping toward the stretch of safe ground just past the trap, but her perspective changed again and she touched the ball of her foot down on the glowing floor. The lights flashed white one final time, and Liz touched solid ground and sprinted toward the end of the room so she could turn the corner. Three golden blasts followed her, but none struck home. She could also see several white lasers following her, and realised with dismay that the only reason she wasn?t getting hit was because the lasers were now aimed too high to hit her, passing slightly over her head.

She rounded the corner and leaned against the wall, catching her breath. Outside, she could hear the fans cheering madly. This is not going well for me. She turned her head to her left and saw a small opening leading to a tunnel. She had seen several small openings as she wandered through the hallways, but she had been too big to enter any of them. Now, though, the top of the tunnel came just up to her forehead. She crouched and looked down the length of the passage, and saw that it led up. Well, why not? She ducked slightly and followed, wondering where it might take her. After a while, though, the passage seemed to get smaller, and Liz came to a spot she couldn?t squeeze through. She sighed, turned around, turned back to face the small opening? and pointed her pistol at her foot and shot herself. The passageway glowed blue and, and she watched the opening grow before her eyes. Now easily small enough to fit, she moved forward cautiously on her hands and knees, and came to an opening. Her eyes widened when she looked out and saw that she had found her opponents? flag!
There was one woman guarding it, and she was busy watching the full-sized doorways, not the 30-cm opening that was two metres off the ground, at the side of the room. The woman turned, and Liz recognised the fighter Blade. She watched as Blade seemed to move in slow motion, glancing at both doorways, checking her pistol, and pacing across the room. Suddenly, her eyes widened at something she saw through the doorway, and she brought her pistol up to fire. Liz gasped as she saw purple lasers miss their target and enter the room. That?s Panther! Perfect timing! I can take the flag while Blade is distracted! She nimbly leapt down from the opening, and with her reduced weight (she couldn?t have weighed more than a couple of kilograms at this point), she landed silently and gracefully. Running up to the flag, she ignored the lights flashing purple, purple, grey, purple, grey, and grabbed the pole, which she quickly realised was almost as tall as she was. She lifted it up?
?and found that she couldn?t. No! She tried again, crouching down and lifting with her knees, and felt it moving, but she quickly realised it was too heavy, and it fell out of her grasp, landing against the ground with a resounding clang noise. Blade re-entered the room, quite a bit shorter, and a lot faster than before, and saw Liz grasping her goal. They drew weapons and fired at each other, both diving for cover. Liz was faster, but Blade was a better mark, and they both struck each other twice before they had cover behind strategically placed crates. Liz caught her breath, but heard a footstep behind her, and saw Hell?s Fury quickly approaching her from behind, twice as tall as Liz was. Liz brought up her weapon to aim it at her head, and fired. She got off two shots, one of which hit her target, but when she pulled her trigger a third time, she heard nothing but a click. Her stomach lurched.
Panicked, she made the worst mistake she possibly could, and froze. Hell?s Fury, keeping a cooler head, dived forward and grabbed Liz? arm in her enormous hand, lifting her up off the ground. Liz yelled and squirmed, trying to escape, but her captor held her fast. Liz? feet were dangling off the ground, as her arm was held up in the air. Hell?s Fury walked into the room and met with Blade, who grinned from ear-to-ear when she saw what her teammate was holding.

?What do we do with her now??
?Well, she can?t take the flag if she?s stuck here. Her pistol?s out of energy, too. I say we just hang on to her- literally. We only need one hand to fire a weapon.?
?Well, who?s going to carry her??
Blade checked the energy readings on her pistol. ?Wait, let me grow first. We?ll decide in a moment.? She stepped onto her circle and Liz watched as the air around her began to glow, and she began to rise higher and higher. She had already been taller than Hell?s Fury, but as she grew, she looked down and smiled at her teammate and her opponent, and Liz felt very small indeed. She continued to enlarge until she was once more at her starting height, and as the glow faded, she stepped forward. Hell?s Fury now only reached her thighs, and she had to crane her neck up to speak with her.
?Here, hold her for a second.?
Moving slowly, Blade reached forward to grab Liz? arm. She seemed to be moving underwater, and her gigantic fingers, which seemed 30 cm long each, wrapped slowly around her. She slowly lifted her higher, bringing her up to her face until Liz was hanging on to Blade?s arm out of fear.
?I think she?s too big to just carry around.?
Hell?s Fury grinned and took a step back, holding out her own pistol. ?Hold still.?
Liz? eyes widened as far as they would go. ?No!? She shouted, but for nothing, as Blade held her out to the side, at arm?s length. Hell?s Fury seemed to take an eternity aiming, and then shot her in the chest as she hung there. And shot her again, and a third, and a fourth time.
Liz tried her best to hang on to the enormous, and rapidly growing, hand clutching her, and as her arm became thinner and thinner, she felt Blade?s grip loosening. She slipped out, bit by bit, until she was too small to hold. ?Noooo!? She yelled as she began to fall toward the ground, but she was only falling for a moment before she landed on something soft. She looked down, and realised with a sickening feeling that she was sitting in the palm of her opponent?s hand. She looked around in shock, and had a sudden feeling of vertigo as Blade lifted her higher, until she was directly in front of her face. She gripped her captor?s fingers tightly and stared ahead, as Blade grinned an enormous grin, which was almost twice as long as Liz was.
?She?s smaller than I?ve ever seen anyone!? Blade?s voice was huge and deafning, and it seemed to take many times longer for her to utter the short phrase in her deep, low voice. Liz looked down in panic and estimated that the drop to the ground must have been about 60 m. She knew that she weight almost nothing, but did not want to take the chance.
Hell?s Fury had stepped into her circle and was also growing back to her starting size. When she stepped out, she wasn?t quite as tall as Blade, but the difference didn?t matter to Liz. She poked an enormous finger at Liz? chest, knocking her back down onto Blade?s palm. She laughed, and slowly, so very slowly, raised her pistol up to her face until Liz was directly in front of the barrel. Liz looked to the left and the right, but there was nowhere to go. What happens if I get too small?? Liz closed her eyes and cringed, and heard the sound of the energy discharge of a pistol.

There was a sudden movement, and she opened her eyes out of surprise and gripped onto Blade?s finger for support. Neither of her opponents were looking at her now, and a second energy discharge followed the first, purple in colour, through the doorway, to strike Hell?s Fury in the back. Both of her opponents brought up their weapons to fire through the doorway, and Liz saw Panther ducking for cover just outside the room, firing in. Only for a moment, though, as she suddenly had to keep from vomiting as Blade dropped her left hand, with Liz in it, down to her waist level. Liz, moving at many times the speed of her opponents, leapt numbly from Blade?s fingers and grabbed onto the loose fabric of her clothing. Blade, not noticing, continued to fire at Panther while Liz climbed her way down Blade?s leg, dropping the final few centimetres to land in a roll, and began to run as fast as she could.
She spied a small hole in the wall at the back of the room, and made her way for it with full speed. She was there before her opponents had even noticed that she was missing, and as she ran through, she saw that on the other wise stood her own flag and Crimson String standing watch! She turned back, and realised that the two starting rooms were directly next to each other, but separated by a wall and facing opposite directions!
Liz watched her teammate slowly reach up her hand and scratch her nose, oblivious to the battle that was taking place only a few metres away from her. I can end this right now, she thought. She turned and ran back through the hole to find that her opponents were still occupied with firing at Panther. She took a deep breath and sprinted through her opponents? legs, keeping close to the walls, and moving much almost too quickly for them to notice her.
When she reached Panther, she was out of breath. She called up, but Panther, crouched behind a crate, was firing at two opponents and didn?t hear her. Liz tried kicking her knee, which was resting on the ground, but she didn?t feel that either. Liz sighed and grabbed hold of Panther?s spandex, getting a solid grip, and lifter herself up, climbing up her partner?s thigh. She reached her belt, and stopped for a moment to rest. Panther slowly ducked out of the way to avoid getting shot at, and as she did, noticed the tiny woman climbing hand over hand up her body. Her mouth formed an O of surprise.
?Azure? Oh my God! We need to get you back to base right away!?
?No! We can finish it right now! You can do it! I know a shortcut!?
?Are you crazy? I?m not at my full height!? She flinched as an orange laser barely missed the top of her head. ?I?ll never be able to carry it all the way out!?
?You don?t have to! Listen!?

After explaining the plan, Liz took a deep breath and prepared to sprint again.
?Are you ready for this?? Panther asked, slowly.
In response, Liz ran directly down the middle of the path. Both of her opponents saw her at the same time, and she saw Blade look into her empty left hand for confirmation that she had lost her captive. She ran between them, and they both scrambled to try and catch her, turning their attention away from Panther. Panther took the opportunity to leave her cover and came charging in, facing her opponents? backs. Liz ran out the opposite doorway, far too fast for either of them to successfully catch, and when they turned their attention back to their other attacker, Panther had already closed the distance between them. They lifted their weapons in alarm, but she ran by them and grabbed the flag out of its resting place. She didn?t run out of the door, though; instead, she turned back to face her two enemies at the back of the room. They both let off a volley of shots, striking her several times.
Panther began to shrink very rapidly. She knew that if she didn?t do this immediately, it wouldn?t happen at all. She held the flag from the tip of the pole, aimed it at the tiny hole in the wall, no bigger than 10 cm tall, and slid it through with as much strength as she could muster. She watched it disappear through the hole as she watched her opponents grow to monstrous size, gaping in horror at what she had done. By the time they had turned their attention back to her, she and Liz had both run through the hole after the flag, back to their home base.

Crimson Sting was waiting at her base, watching the lights flash a myriad of colours. What the hell is going on? Do they need my help? No? I shouldn?t leave the flag. She suddenly heard a scraping sound behind her, and as she turned, she saw? the opponent?s flag slide into the room through what she had assumed was a mouse hole. She stared at it in confusion, and she saw two tiny figures follow, each one no more than 5 cm tall. Her eyes widened as she recognised the colours of her teammates, and leaned down to speak to them.
?What happened? Are you okay??
?Grab the flag!"
"Finish the game!? They both yelled at her. She looked over to see the flagpole lying down, reached to pick it up, and placed it in her starting circle.
The lights turned a deep red colour, and then began alternating between red, blue and purple. The announcer?s voice boomed over the loudspeakers, announcing the end of the game, and a roar of approval came from the crowd outside. Liz sighed. Can we resume the tournament now? She wondered.

Amazon Hotel (GTS, PG)
Sportsmanship (SW, PG)
Gemma (SW, 18+)